Are you looking for something to do in your spare time? Do you love Hagerstown and want to invest in downtown revitalization? Here is your chance to help us achieve that goal.
Whether you have a lot of time to give or just a couple of hours every once in a while, here is your chance.
Volunteering for Main Street is easy, just fill out our form below and let us know what you would love to help with. If you have questions before you commit, contact us and we will be glad to help you figure out where your talents are best invested.
Five Committees and When/Where They Meet:
- Business Relations – Create surveys and collect data about businesses and markets. Develop retention, expansion and recruitment strategies. Meetings are on the second Wednesday of the month at the Burobox, 60 West Washington Street at 4:00 pm.
- Organization – Create and promote events and raise money. Meetings are on the third Wednesday of the month at Wertman Photography, 59 N Potomac Street, at 5:00 pm.
- Promotion – Develop marketing strategies, Plan special events, and Create posts for Main Street Hagerstown’s Facebook page. Meetings are on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30 pm at Pretzel and Pizza Creations, 20 W Washington Street.
- Clean, Safe and Green – Plan and attend clean up days, Develop safety and green initiatives. Meetings are on the second Wednesday of the month at 5:00 pm at various downtown restaurants. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the monthly meeting location.
- Design – Provide designs and Plan public improvements. If interested in being involved, email Design Chair at email@example.com.
If you are interested in learning more about any of the Committees and not yet sure if you want to volunteer, feel free to attend a meeting.
Here is a quick overview of some of the volunteer opportunities:
- Monthly meetings
- Event set-up or tear down;
- Event planning;
- Event volunteer coordination;
- Promote Main Street Hagerstown through social media;
- Create advertisements;
- Maintain the website;
- Design and conduct market surveys and research;
- Assist with business recruitment and retention efforts;
- Help with design review for beautification projects and storefronts;
- Write blogs, web posts or articles for the e-newsletter;
- Volunteer recruitment and retention efforts; and
- Organizing fundraising campaigns
If you are interested in becoming a Main Street Volunteer, download the form or complete the online form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.